Full DZ Program
69 hours total: (One On One Training)
- 40 hours in the classroom (Course outline)
- 22 hours drive time
- 7 hours in yard Training
- Truck for Road Test
Third Party Training Only at This Time.
- Air Brake Course
- Coupling and Uncoupling Procedures
- Defensive Driving, Backing, Winter Driving
- Load Distribution
- Border Crossing Procedures, Trip Planning
- Driver Qualifications & C.V.O.R.
- Log Books, Hours of Work in Canada & U.S.
- Vehicle Inspection, (all stickers & papers),
- Cargo Security & Related Papers
- Drug Testing
- Preventative Maintenance
- Air Ride Trailer procedures, Lift axles, Sliding axles, Fifth wheel
- Vehicle Weight & Dimension Limits
- National Safety Code
- Dangerous Goods
- Smart Driver (A Federal Government sponsored Fuel Saving program, that equips the driver
With the knowledge & skills required to operate Equipment safely & efficiently).
- Border Crossing Trip (both AZ & DZ)
Upgrade / Refresher course:
This Course is designed for drivers, who maintain a DZ License and wish to obtain an AZ class License, or for drivers who let their AZ license lapse, or for drivers who hold an AZ that wish to fine tune their skills.
The length of upgrade/refresher training is conditional based upon the recommendation from our instructor upon completion of a Road test/Evaluation in the form of a pre-trip inspection that follows with a road test using our 13 speed tractor, with a tandem axle van. Road test / Evaluations are by appointment only.
Call to arrange a time to come in and register - bring your beginner's license, copy of MTO medical, driver's abstract, criminal record search, birth certificate (or citizenship or passport), driver's license and payment for the full tuition amount. Acceptable forms of payment are cash, certified cheque, bank draft, money order, Visa, MasterCard or American Express. Interac